Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Knee pains when cross legged.

Knee pains when cross legged.

Patient: I am 14 years old, both of my knees have been giving me bother for a couple of months now. If I sit crossed legged for no more than 10 minutes I get very painful and sharp pains in my knees. I’ve also recently been getting the pain when im doing sport, im not sure why its happening and I would really like it to go. have I damaged the inside? am I just not stretching good enough? why is it doing this?

Symptoms: One small bruise came up just lately, I havnt hit it on anything from what I remember.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.There are two possibilities in your case:1. Meralgia Paresthesia.2. Prolapsed Int ervertebral Disc Compression (PIVD).I would advise you to see your doctor who will get your MRI lumbosacral spine done. If there is any nerve compression treatment would be based on the severity of compression.Till you get medical help, do hot fomentation of the back and the thigh area.Apply Diclofenac gel locally.Avoid squatting and crossed leg position.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.