Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Knee problem i don’t really know whats going on

Knee problem i don’t really know whats going on

Patient: I have an issue with my knee always popping out of place after a dirt bike accident its been about 8 months now and it still hasn’t healed, it don’t hurt at all except when it give out on me or i step wrong

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Thank you for your question. This could possibly be due to a tear or complete rupture of one of the stabilizing ligament s of the knee. This would destabilize the knee joint and lead to sudden temporary dislocation of the the knee joint. We strongly recommend that you refrain from strenuous physical activity, and have a prompt evaluation by your doctor. You will also need to conduct x ray and MRI diagnostic imaging to assist your doctor in elucidating the cause of your knee joint instability. If diagnosed with a tear or ruptured ligament, you will need to be treated with surgical repair of the tear. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com