Knee Related Injury - Compartment Syndrome?

Q: Hello. On July 28th, 2015 I tripped on a curb and fell directly onto my right knee. The impact was quite severe. The immediate pain was excruciating but subsided within several minutes. However, since my fall, despite having no pain when walking, bending or stretching out my leg, the area just below my knee cap is excruciatingly painful to the touch. Because I feel no pain otherwise, I'm reminded that there's a problem only when I kneel down or hit (even slightly) my knee against something. My 8 lb. cat was lying on my lap yesterday and when he got up to resituate himself, he stepped on the injured area with just one paw, and the pain was so extreme that it just about took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes. In addition to severe pain, there is numbness and a severe burning sensation when touched. I've done some online research but the only condition that I've found, that doesn't involve pain when walking, stretching, etc. is Compartment Syndrome. The symptoms of Compartment Syndrome are very similar to mine but it seems that Compartment Syndrome typically involves areas a bit further down the front of the leg, whereas my problem area is immediately below the kneecap. I've been desperately trying to avoid a doctor's visit as I'm petrified of them (visits to the hospital I mean) so any advice that you can provide would be more than appreciated. Thank you so much! Kim :o)

Symptoms:  Severe pain, numbness & a burning sensation when touched. Also, when I forgot about my injury and knelt down yesterday, I felt this cold, dripping sensation on the interior of my leg, just below my knee. It was the strangest feeling I think I've ever felt. Almost like blood was dripping down my leg but on the inside. Very weird.