Knee "stuck" while bending

Patient

Q: Dear Doctor,

I am not able bend my right knee more than 90° because it gets "stuck" in that position. Once I hear a very uncomfortable and painful crack I am able to move it again. This situation is driving me crazy. My orthopedic doctor diagnosed a "medial Meniscopathy" and told me I will probably need a surgery. I am now waiting for the MRT of the knee and than will know more.
My questions is, is it possible with some kind of exercises to make my knee again "functional", at least until the surgery? I am really frustrated with not being able to walk and bend it normally.

I would be the most grateful if you could give me your opinion and maybe some suggestions on how to reduce the "dissability".

Kind regards
Amela

Doctor