Knee swelling after knee surgery

Patient : I had a knee operation 4 days ago to fix a torn ligament and i took off the bandage today to see that it is swollen, is that a problem?
Doctor :   Swelling four days after your operation is not a cause for concern. The swelling will gradually resolve with time. Conti nue your medications as directed by your surgeon. You should be concerned if the swelling seems to be increasing rather than decreasing, you develop a fever, see pus draining from the wound or notice increased pain in you r knee. These are signs that you have developed an infection and require immediate attention.