Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Knee Tendons are pulsating/vibrating

Knee Tendons are pulsating/vibrating

Patient: Both of my knee tendons on both sides are pulsating/vibrating (quadriceps and patellar tendons). My doctor says that this is nothing to worry about unless it starts hurting really bad. I don’t know because this is certainly alarming and I don’t think it’s normal. What do you think?

Symptoms: Feeling pulsating in knee tendons

Doctor: Hi,Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I recommend that you talk to an Orthopedician with experience in Sports. This will allow for a better understanding of the situation. Depending on the symptoms, the Orthopedician will be able to diagnose by using:Physical ExaminationUltrasoundX-rayAfter a diagnosis, the Orthopedician may attempt conservative treatment with icing and heating, medications or Surgery if needed.