Knee Tendons are pulsating/vibrating

Patient

Q: Both of my knee tendons on both sides are pulsating/vibrating (quadriceps and patellar tendons). My doctor says that this is nothing to worry about unless it starts hurting really bad. I don't know because this is certainly alarming and I don't think it's normal. What do you think?

Symptoms:  Feeling pulsating in knee tendons
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

I recommend that you talk to an Orthopedician with experience in Sports. This will allow for a better understanding of the situation. Depending on the symptoms, the Orthopedician will be able to diagnose by using:

Physical Examination
Ultrasound
X-ray

After a diagnosis, the Orthopedician may attempt conservative treatment with icing and heating, medications or Surgery if needed.