Knees hurt when crouch

Patient

Q: Hello i am 16 and male in the past week my knee has been hurting when ever i put weight on it it hurts right under the knee cap and i cant stay sitting for too long or both knees start to hurt i have also realised that i can no longer touch my heels to my butt my quads feel very tight when i try please help this has been bothering me for a while now thanks

Symptoms:  Knees hurt quads tight
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. At the age of 16 you are going through an immense phase of growth, as you are going through puberty. This can cause the development of tendonitis within the knees, and muscle aches as well.Your increased weight could also be contributing to this pain you are feeling too. We recommend that you see your doctor to have a full assessment of your joints, you may be required to try to lose the extra weight you gained reduce pressure on your joints. Furthermore, you can try some over the counter topical pain reliever creams applied to your knees for relief. It would be best at this time to refrain from strenuous physical activity until you are cleared by your doctor.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com