Knife like shoulder blade pain

Q: When i work to hard or for a long time... my right shoulder feels like there is a hot knife stabbing me under my shoulder blade. It starts off kinda tingling and then go's straight to the stabbing sharp hot pain. iv worked throught this pain and now my finger tips on my right hand (thumb and index finger) are going numb and tingling. i remember i had a job about 5 years ago where i was unloading trucks. Very heavy boxes over my head. that is when the pain started. i kept working through the pain not knowing that it was very bad and would last this long. It only hurts when im working above my head or when i use my right arm alot for work. it takes about 3 too 4 days after working a full week to stop hurting. what do you think is wrong?

Symptoms:  Pain under right Shoulder blade

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have an injury to your rotator cuff. The rotator cuff is a group of muscles that surround shoulder joint and is responsible for its articulation. We recommend that you have your shoulder examined by your doctor and have a diagnostic MRI to determine if you have any torn muscles or ligaments. Once the severity of this injury is assessed the treatment options will be prescribed to you. This would include analgesic medication, physiotherapy and in the most severe cases surgery.

Thank you for consulting