L4-L5 Imaging findings

Patient

Q: I have canalicular narrowing at the L4-L5 level with deflection of both budding L5 nerve roots how does that get fixed?

Doctor

A:    All these structural imaging findings that you described have no significance if you do not have any associated symptoms, meaning: pain, numbness, tingling in your legs. If on the contrary, with these findings you also have low back pain, radiated or not to the legs, numbness and tingling sensations, and other symptoms that affect your daily living activities, then you will need treatment, conservative at the first, meaning Physical therapy and anti inflammatory medication, and if you do not have any significant improving of the symptoms then, you and your orthopedic surgeon or neurosurgeon may consider the surgical decompression, in other words the surgical treatment.