L5-S1 please help understand results.

Patient : What does this mean from recent MRI HISTORY **: History of L5-S1 laminectomy with left-sided weakness, now presents with one month of radicular pain ** FINDINGS **: Technique: Standard MRI lumbar spine protocol. The conus medullaris appears normal the L1-L2 level Normal lumbar lordosis is present. No significant marrow signal abnormality otherwise. L1-2: Normal L2-L3: Normal L3-4: The intervertebral disc is normal in contour. There is mild ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and facet arthropathy. The spinal canal and neural foramina are patent. L4-5: Intervertebral disc is normal in contour. There is mild posterior ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and facet arthropathy. The spinal canal and neural foramina are patent. L5-S1: There is decreased signal and height in the intervertebral disc. There is also a left posterior paracentral and lateral disc protrusion scar tissue measuring 5 mm in AP diameter and 16 mm in transverse diameter. This protrusion extends into the left lateral recess and may impinge the transiting left S1 nerve root. This protrusion extends into the inferior aspect of the left neural foramen, contributing to mild narrowing. The right neural foramen and spinal canal are patent. There are postsurgical changes of a laminectomy at the L5-S1 articulation. ** IMPRESSION **: Minimal lumbar spondylosis as described above. The most severe changes are identified at the L5-S1 articulation. Specifically there is intermediate signal within the left lateral recess, which may be secondary to extruded disc material/scar tissue. These findings may impinge the transiting left S1 nerve root. Correlation with the patient's physical exam and clinical history is recommended to determine the significance of these findings
Symptoms:  Want to know how serious this is. I already have numbness since 1st back surgery in 2006 and now I am getting numbness on right side
Doctor :   Hi, Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There is di sc protruding at L5S1 level causing pressure changes mainly left side. Right side is relatively unaffected. Other levels are normal. At present treatment of it is rest in lateral position with both hips and knees flexed,analgesic such as ibuprofen are given for pain relief. Mecobalamine reduces numbness. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.