Lab results High Calcium

Patient

Q: I had a blood test for a job physical and the results came back fine except for Calcium, which was 11.0
I had not fasted for the test (had a glass of milk an hour before blood was drawn). could that have skewed the results? I had a couple more Ca tests (this time I had fasted) during the year and they have been all in the low 10s (10.1-10.5) I am 30 years old male.

Doctor

Thank you posting your query on ATD.
Well, for serum calcium blood test you need not be fasting.
There is rare possibility that milk skewed the levels.
There is also a possibility of incidental error in testing and reporting,
The persons of your age should show calcium below 10 (9.1 to 9.5). Calcium of 11 gives suspicion of parathyroid disorder.
You are advised to repeat the blood test on fasting status and if calcium levels are above 10.5: you should consult your doctor who may do the necessary investigations to rule out parathyroid disorder by doing sr.PTH and sr.D3 levels.