Lack of period after IUD extraction

Patient

Q: Hi,I am an 42 mother of two (18, and 16) six weeks ago I had my IUD out (copper one) I still haven't had a period? I have very tender breasts, small amount of cramping and bloated in the abdomen area, a sore lower back for about two weeks but no period, I am scared to leave the house in case the first period is quite huge, after not having a period for 5 years? Just to make sure I wasn't pregnant I did an at home test, negative (I have actually done 3). My new husband and myself would like to have a child.
How long usually after you get an IUD out does your cycle start again? Is it due to my age? Is it normal to have all the symptoms of pregnancy and come up negative on a test? Is this due to my menstrual cycle or lack of one? Please help as I live a long way from a doc and will go to see them if needed but thought some insight might just ease my anxiety.

Doctor