Lack of Sexual Attention

Patient : What could be causes for not wanting any sexual attention? I have never ever felt a need to have sex with anyone even after my first time. It's always been painful and never something I enjoyed no matter what. It's been over a year since the last time it happened and my current boyfriend is getting annoyed just like everyone else did in the past about the fact that I'm not interested in him sexually
Symptoms:  Painful sex
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. This could in fact be your normal disposition. There is nothing wrong with this. Furthermo re, you may be averse to sexual activity due to your fear that it may be painful. This is very common. What we do advise is you should not feel pressured into engaging in any sexual activity if you do not want to. It is your choice, and your partner should be understanding. If you would like to eventually engage in sexual activity, may consulting a counselling therapist with your concerns may assist you in doing so. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medical question.