Q: I'm a 17 year old girl who was just prescribed to take Lametrigine. I take 4 pills a day. I weigh 100lbs and I want to know if it's safe for me to take. I have been trembling every since I've taken it.

A:   Thank you for your question. Lamotrigine is an anticonvulsive medication that is used to treat epilepsy as well as a mental illness known as bipolar disorder. This medication has a rare side effect of trembling in patients on this medication. We recommend that you report this finding to your doctor and they will reevaluate whether your dose needs to be adjusted or whether another medication will be better for your. We do not know what you are taking this medication for, so we cannot offer any further advice as to what else cold be causing you trembling. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for choosing