Large blood cells and referral to a haematologist

Patient : Early in the year I went to doctors with shortness of breath and fatigue and pains in my chest. Routine blood tests were done and I had enlarged blood cells and deficiency in folic acid. I was put on folic tablets for 3 months and then had another FBC. The deficiency in folic had rectified itself but my blood cells are still abnormal so I have been referred to a haematologist. I have also had a heart test which was fine. She did a spiro test which was very low also. What will the haematologist be testing me for?
Symptoms:  Fatigue
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Anemia from mercaptopurine and mesalamine interaction. Iron saturation normal. Other iron level drop. Condition not i...

Q: Hello, I recently noticed that my nails have no moon and that they have a somewhat of a paleness white area to them f...

Q: I have blood clots in my leg at the top of the thigh in the femoral artery. I also have the factor 5 .I was put on X...

Q: 4.5 years ago, after my 3rd child was born, I had massive blood loss and needed an iron infusion. I had a slight alle...

Q: So I recently found out my ferritin was low only because my hair started to fall out. Every year I go for a blood te...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon