Large Bone on back of neck causing extreme pain

Patient

Q: Where the bottom of my neck and the top of my spine meet, there is a bone there, if you bend your neck downwards you will be able to feel it. Mine is very large and above that there is another bone that cracks when it is touched. Now the bone has increased in size over the past five years and has caused me great pain. I have spoken to my doctor about it and he has said it is nothing. I dont think that it is nothing and it the pain is excruciating

Symptoms:  sore back, cracking, swelling, bruising, soreness, tightness, kinked muscles, knots, stress, sleeping problems
Doctor