Large fetal head circumference

Patient

Q: I am 33 weeks pregnant. I had a growth scan earlier and he was measuring in the 41st percentile and the tech was not concerned with his growth. His head was measuring 37 weeks though. Is this cause for concern?

Symptoms:  Fetal head circumference
Doctor

A:   Hello
If there has been no discrepancy in the remaining growth of the foetus and its just the head circumference which seems enlarged and there is no ultrasonological bias , then a 37 weeks head circumference indicates asymmetrical IUGR which needs to be evaluated for any evidence of hydrocephalus in situ. You may choose to get a repeat scan done and compare the findings again . This time you may opt for a targeted anomaly scan to look for hydrocephalus.
I hope i have a answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards