Last Monday I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend I

Q: Last Monday I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I am on the pill which I take daily, but sometimes I forget to take it at the same time everyday. I am freaking myself out because I see raised bumps on my areola. My period is supposed to come on Saturday and I'm stressing out. Can someone help me?

A:   Hi,

If you use birth control pills regularly without missing, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Even if you miss the time of intake of few pills, if you took those pills within 24 hours of scheduled time, you can have contraceptive protection.
The bumps you mentioned could be Montgomery tubercles, which are modified sebaceous glands.
Apart from pregnancy these can be seen due to other causes like gonadal hormonal imbalance, prolactin levels changes etc also.
So, better to wait, possibly you may get withdrawal bleeding as expected.
Better to avoid stress, which can make menstrual cycles irregular by affecting hormonal levels.

Take care.