Last month my AST was 18 and ALT was 31

Patient

Q: Last month my AST was 18 and ALT was 31. Yesterday it was AST 34 and ALT 67.

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
Your liver enzymes are just mildly elevated, which can happen due to a high fatty diet, alcohol consumption, improper food habits e.t.c

Although The values are mildly elevated, if it is associated with symptoms like yellowish discolouration of the skin or loss of appetite and weight, you will need to get an ultrasound done as well as get a hepatitis panel tested. For the time being, the values do not suggest about an infection at all.
Alternatively you can take Syp. Silymarin around 10-15 ml once at bed time for a month. This helps in liver regeneration.

Hope this was helpful,