Last month my period was on the 10th of aprilI

Q: Last month my period was on the 10th of april.I decided to get a calendar app to detect when my next period comes along It has now says Im 4 days late . Is it possible that periods do not fall in the same rotation as last?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Yes it is possible. The calendar app may be estimating the periods using a 28-day scale. Periods can be from as short as 25 days to 35 days and still be normal. If your periods are not of the standard 28 day but happen at the same time every month, there is no need to worry.

Modify or design your own calendar so that the periods are at the same time and alleviate your anxiety. IF they are always irregular, then see a Doctor.

Hope this helps you. All the best.