Last night (25 hours) I was sitting in the edge

Patient : Last night (25 hours) I was sitting in the edge of my tub helping my sin brush his teeth. I feel backward and hit my neck on a shelf on the wall of the tub. Since then it has been sore and tight (expected) but I have had a head ache. Should I go in and get checked out tomorrow?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Since you fell from the tub c hances of severe injury is lesser compared to if you fell from some more height. You need to observe closely. The headache along with the tightness in the neck is expected, so that will settle down on taking analgesics. You need to see if there are other symptoms such as tingling and numbness of extremities, vomiting, giddiness, blurred vision, e.t.c These are the symptoms that indicate something more serious and should be evaluated. Otherwise you can take Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily under the care of your physician for 3 days and the pain will settle down. Hope this was helpful, Feel free to discuss further, Regards.