Last night i didn’t eat a lot for dinner bowl

Patient: Last night i didn’t eat a lot for dinner bowl of cereal and blueberries and cup of tea. Went to bed and slept till 6 and go up showered and went to the diner for breakfast i was ok until i sat down for maybe 2 minutes and then felt a little hot and light headed. The waitress brought some orange juice over and that did seem to help i ate breakfast then went home and tested sugar and it was 92 so it did or must have gone up. I have hashimotos and take thyroid meds. I am wondering what went wrong I see my doctor next thursday what question would you ask him thanks Steve

Symptoms: Well symptoms were feeling hot and light headed type of feeling those were basic symptoms

Doctor: Hello, Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.What you experienced is probably a near syncope which occurr ed due to postural drop.This can occur due to prolonged standing, skipping breakfast, dehydration, low blood sugar in a diabetic person on medicines.You should drink plenty of water and make sure you don’t stand for long in such case.You would require to see a doctor if you have recurrent episodes.Postural drop is very common and it is advised that the moment you feel so, you should immediately, get down and preferably lie down on bed/floor with raised legs on support.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps. If you have any further query, please ask me.Stay Healthy.

Patient: thanks well i had my A!C taken about month ago and it was 5.6 i am not diabetic at least not diagnosed as. I have had some other drops so i drink orange juice i will share this with my regular doctor. Any other suggestions thanks

Patient: I just took my sugar again and it is 82 seems to be down a little

Doctor: Hi. This blood sugar reading is absolutely normal. This is not at all the cause of your symptoms.