Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Last night I vomited at least 2 gallons of bile

Last night I vomited at least 2 gallons of bile

Patient: Last night I vomited at least 2 gallons of bile dark green in about 3 diffrent episodes the day before I was having abdominal pain and for the past three days I’ve had almost no appetite and have honestly eaten very little and now I have a head ache that makes me feel like I wanna pass out when I stand

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The history of pain in abdomen followed by copious amount of bile in the vomiting is sug gestive of a small bowel obstruction.I would advise you the following:Stop taking anything orally .Report to the ER / Hospital as you need to be admitted and investigated if the complications have to be avoided.You will need intravenous fluids and treatment.Upper GI EndoscopyCT scan of the abdomenOnce the cause is found then the plan for further treatment.I hope this answer helps you to get the importance of an early diagnosis.