Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Last night, me and my boyfriend had sex for the

Last night, me and my boyfriend had sex for the

Patient: Last night, me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time. We are both 16 and consenting (he has had sex before) I don’t know if I’m just being paranoid but, we used a condom apart from for about 3 of the first thrusts (no more than like a minute). Should I be worried about pregnancy and if so what should I do? I don’t want my parents to know I had sex. I came off my period 2 days before and he didn’t ejaculate near my vagina.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you used condom, as there was no ejaculation and as you were not around the period of ovulation at that time (in case of regular 28 to 30 days cycle), the possibility of pregnancy is less.If you want to be sure, please wait till your expected date of periods and if you miss your periods, better to go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.Take care.