Last period started May 3 PM of May 24th, I

Patient

Q: Last period started May 3. PM of May 24th, I had unprotected sex he didn't finish inside. May 29th, cramping and bright red bleeding. By 31st it has tapered off and changed to a brown-red color. could it be implantation bleeding? Is 5 days after sex too soon for that? this is the only time I've had sex of any kind in the past several months. what else could cause an early, light period? I have read so many varying descriptions of implantation bleeding.

Symptoms:  Early period, bleeding, cramps
Doctor

The implantation bleeding generally occurs 5 to 9 days after the intercourse. It is a light spotting or a pink discharge lasting for not more than a day.
However, in your case though there has been bleeding in a similar interval, it has lasted for 2 days which probably does not mean an implantation bleeding but your regular menses.
There are many causes for an early light period. Stress, infection, sudden weight loss, weight gain, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, thyroid dysfunction, hormonal imbalance and pill related can all be the cause.
In case the bleeding pattern changes or remains with scantier flow for the next 2 cycles as well, you will need to see a gynecologist for an examination and investigations.
It is also recommended that you do a pregnancy test to rule out the chances of pregnancy.
Hope this helped.
Feel free to write back for further clarifications.
Hope this helped.