Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Last period was Feb 9th-14th I had unprotected sex March 2 to 4th

Last period was Feb 9th-14th I had unprotected sex March 2 to 4th

Patient: Last period was Feb 9th-14th. I had unprotected sex on March 2nd 3rd and 4th. I had a period on the 11th but it only lasted 2-3 days. I am feeling stretching and pulling sensations in my lower left abdomen and sometimes swelling is visable. at times im nauseous and my taste and smell senses have been really whack. I had a blood and several urine tests to check for pregnancy and they were neg. My blood pressure has been slightly elevated. Could i be pregnant or am i crazy? Ive been told no but i still have a strong feeling that i could be but i replace the feelings with opposite thoughts telling myself that i probably have cysts or cancer. Whats wrong with me?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is not possible that you could be pregnant with the above history since you have got your cycles in march, although, for 3 days, it is considered a period which rules out pregnancy.The symptoms that you have could be purely psychological or due to stress which is making your mind pay more attention to them and relate it to pregnancy. There is nothing indicative of your symptoms which can point out towards cancer or cyst. It could be a gastritis or a gut infection, that too mild which is a rare possibility. If symptoms persist, see a doctor for treatment.Hope this helped.Regards