Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Last Summer on holiday I started feeling very lightheaded I

Last Summer on holiday I started feeling very lightheaded I

Patient: Last Summer on holiday I started feeling very lightheaded I wasn’t sure if I sat out in the sun too much but when I got home I was okay until a few months later when I got bad neck pain I went to see my ENT where he said my neck muscles were very tight I had 12 physio appointments which helped but I couldn’t stop feeling lightheaded it has been on going for at least 3-4 months now possibly longer I have been back to my ENT who has checked my ears and that has all been okay, I have been to my GP who is now running some blood tests I am not diabetic nor does it run in my family either its driving me insane I am light headed 24/7 my parents don’t understand its really getting me down and depressed because it is constant what could be the causes of this?

Symptoms: Lightheadness, neck pain

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your history.I would like to know a few things before we continue on our efforts to find w hat the cause may be:- History shows allergies to all NSAIDS, what would you be akin for pains and such problems?-Age and sex- mention if you please.- Can you please elaborate more on lightheaded; please try to tell any specific symptoms or anything which can add to my knowledge.- Are you under the treatment for Rec UTI and/or PCOS?Noted your history of lightheaded on a summer holiday which eventually got OK when you returned home.Now for the last 4 months- got bad neck pain – ENT said tight neck muscles – 12 physio – couldn’t stop feeling lightheaded -The reasons could be:-Tight neck muscles as you have given the history. These cause the nerve entrapment and any sort of head related problems.- The hormonal changes due to PCOS or due to the treatment can also cause your symptoms. This is quite common problem related to lightheadedness.I would advise you to get all your Hormonal levels done. If derange, the correction can help solve all your problems.For the neck muscles spasm: you may please continue physiotherapy and an opinion of an Orthopedic Surgeon.Awaiting for your feedback.