Last sunday, April 12th, my lower abdomen started swelling and

Patient

Q: Last sunday, April 12th, my lower abdomen started swelling and becoming very painful, I figured I was just constipated. I took some stool softeners and they helped relieve some of the bloating and pressure but I was still in a lot of pain. I couldn't go to the bathroom with out almost passing out from pain. I self examined myself and my cervix seems to be severely swollen. I just got off my birth control pills the week before I started experiencing the pain. And I do have herpes simplex 2 but I've never had any problems with it. Also I have only slept with one person within the last year and a half.
I would like to know how serious of an issue this could be and what could possibly cause it..

Doctor