Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Last week I experienced a right-sided headache that got wors

Last week I experienced a right-sided headache that got wors

Patient: Last week I experienced a right-sided headache that got worse upon standing (a throbbing pain). This lasted for a few hours in the evening until I went to sleep. Yesterday, this same pain returned with the same changes upon standing. Today, I woke up with a constant right-sided headache and soreness behind my right eye, especially when I look to the sides. I’ve also been experiencing severe nausea in the mornings for about three weeks (I’m a 21 year old male) that has progressed to nausea at random times of the day. Should I be really concerned?

Symptoms: Headache, nausea, eye soreness, fatigue, weakness, especially upon standing.

Doctor: Hi.Yes, you should be really concerned.Read and understood that your have a pointed headache which increases on g etting up and looking at sides.Also noted the history of nausea, eye soreness, fatigue, weakness.All these symptoms are suggestive of a serious problem which needs to be clinically evaluated.I would advise in such a situation to go for a clinical diagnosis by a Neurologist and confirmed by MRI of hte brain.A second opinion of an ophthalmologist is most welcome.Hope this helps you.