Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Last week i had unprotected sex with my bf I

Last week i had unprotected sex with my bf I

Patient: Last week i had unprotected sex with my bf. I have had irregular periods all my life and my last period was 2 weeks ago, now i am spotting/having a light period, its been going on for 4 days and continuing. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I have bad back pain when i try to stretch and random cramping in the abdominal area. I dont feel anymore tired than usual and nothing has changed in terms of my breasts. I also feel very bloated; usually, i just get very moody, bloated and crampy.

Symptoms: Light bleeding, cramps

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Though these symptoms that you have are an early sign of pregnancy, they are not specif ic to pregnancy.It is advisable that you rule out other causes of your symptoms like polycystic ovaries, endometriosis, ovarian cyst, thyroid hormone changes, etc. However, get a beta hCG blood test done to rule out pregnancy.Consult a gynecologist for an examination and specific investigations to arrive at a diagnosis and treat you accordingly. Till then avoid unprotected intercourse.Hope this helped.Regards