Last week (mon)I took the morning after pill

Patient: Last week (mon)I took the morning after pill. I started spotting Friday which is normal, but last night during intercourse I felt extreme pressure on my cervix like a really bad cramping and then when I looked down I was bleeding very badly. The blood finally stopped, but I was dripping blood for a few minutes. Could this possibly be because of the morning after pill? I have taken it in the past, but this was definitely a first!

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There could be two possibilities here for the bleeding. One being friction at sex and p ost-coital bleeding and the other being the side effect of the pill. We need to rule out the first cause as it could be a sign of cervical infection or even an early cervical cancer. You may have to see a gynecologist for an examination and get a pap smear done to rule out the doubts. In case everything is normal, you can blame it on the pill. There would be nothing to worry then. In case you feel there is a lot of friction at sex, use a good vaginal lubricant at sexual intercourse.Hope this helped.Regards