Last week on Sunday, my boyfriend and I had sex.

Patient : Last week on Sunday, my boyfriend and I got a little heated and I'm afraid I may be pregnant. He had semen on his fingers and his hand went down the front of my pants but never under my panties and he had wiped his hand and they were exposed to hair for possibly an hour or so, could I be pregnant whatsoever? I'm afraid because he touched my vagina lips and I have some signs of pregnancy that I've found online. My period isn't due for another week and I'm scared that it won't come or that I'll still be pregnant anyways also that I'll be too stressed so it won't come anyway. Please help.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. As there was no direct insemination, the possibility of preg nancy is less. Now it is early to diagnose the possibility of pregnancy. So, better to wait till your expected date of periods. Though stress and strain can alter the menstrual cycles as you mentioned, more than a one-week delay in periods can be considered as abnormal. So, if you do not get periods even after one week of expected date of periods, please go for urine pregnancy test once. Take care.