Last weekend I drank alot of alcohol and apparently threw

Patient

Q: Last weekend I drank alot of alcohol and apparently threw up a lot. The next morning I woke up with a hangover and felt my upper abdomin area (not sure if it was my liver or gut) was hurting. Later that day it all went away. Two days later I started noticing signs when I would eat my food felt like it would get stuck in that area and cause a slight pain or inflammation feeling. I noticed it would take longer for my food to digest as well and giving me a bloating feeling to. I have been having this problem all week. Do you know what this might be?

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We understand your concern.

This kind of pain and symptoms are mostly due to acid reflux which can get aggravate after alcohol consumption.
Since you have consumed alcohol then the possibility of pancreatitis is also there.
So, an Ultrasound Abdomen and serum amylase and lipase levels are required to rule out Pancreatitis. If your Ultrasound is normal, you would require treatment for Acid reflux. In acid reflux disease a combination of Omeprazole and Domperidone helps greatly. You should take soft, bland diet as spicy food aggravates acidity. In case of acute pain you can take anti flatulent syrup like Digene or Gelusil.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy