Late 3 day period light and brownish red

Patient

Q: I started bleeding again today after 3 days of nothing it's light and brownish red more brownish what could be going on

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Assuming that you had your menstrual cycle 6 days ago and it lasted for 3 days and the period came 3 days late , now after 3 days you are again having brownish to red spotting if this right probably it is because of improper wash of the uterine lining. Go to a doctor who will do a scan and an internal exam to see the underlying reason. Your query is not complete to comment further.
Hope that answers your query .Have a good day.