Late OCP intake and emergency contraception

Patient

Q: Hi, I normally take the contraceptive pill at around 12.30 but on Sunday I was sick and didn't take it till around 5 o'clock. I then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend at around 2 30am on Tuesday morning. Should I be concerned about pregnancy?

Doctor

A:   Certainly it is recommended to take your daily oral contraceptive pills at the same time to create compliance form the patient and avoid possible pregnancies due to missed doses.
In my opinion, I don’t think you should worry about possible pregnancy since you didn’t missed your pill; you proceeded correctly and took the medication on the same day. I hope I cleared your doubt.