Late one week on my depo shot

Patient: I have been on the depo shot for about 3 years. i was due for a shot on nov 12th but i moved and couldnt get in for an appointment until nov 19th. me and my husband had unprotected sex twice. is there a chance i could be pregnant? i have taken i home pregnancy test today and it was negative but i am just freaking myself out.

Symptoms: Nervousness and vomiting once but i dont know if that was just my nerves

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible to become pregnant if you are not re-administered your depo shot at the appr opriate time. The effects of this contraceptive could have worn off, which would have made you unprotected against unwanted pregnancy. It is important that you are evaluated by your doctor and have a pregnancy test performed to be certain that you are not pregnant. If you are not pregnant, then you can be administered your depo shot once more protecting you against unwanted pregnancy.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com