Late period

Patient: Hi. I took my Implanon out of my arm may 19 and I started my period May 23rd I had my regular 5 day cycle then on the 29 I bleed once and it stopped. Then I had unprotected sex with my partner and he didn’t pull out twice then the next day I bleed once and 2 days later I bleed once again and I haven’t had my period since I took 2 pregnancy text and came out negative both times could I still be pregnant ?

Symptoms: At first I started feeling nauseous tired and now it had gone away but now I’m just worried I might be.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. After implanon removal it can take up to 12 weeks for its contraceptive medication to leave your body. As a result you may experience some side effects such as irregular periods, spotting, cramping, nausea, and headaches. However, this does not mean you are protected against pregnancy. If you are concerned about being pregnant we recommend that you consult your doctor and have a pregnancy test performed.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com