Late Period after losing virginity

Patient: My last period started March 1, 2015. I lost my virginity March 21, 2015. Could I be pregnant. My period is 2 days late.

Symptoms: 2 days late period

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have had regular cycles of 28 to 30 days, then the time of intercourse that you had is just after your unsafe period for sex, that is chances of fertility is less almost to 30%. Hence, chances of pregnancy cannot be totally ruled out keeping chances of delayed ovulation in mind. Since you are late by 2 days and with a history of intercourse, it is advised that you do a pregnancy test. If it is negative, then you can wait for a wee for your cycles. In case periods do not resume by then, you will have to repeat the test again and consult a doctor accordingly for the next plan depending on positive or negative for pregnancy.Hope this helped.Regards