Ask The Doctor > Pending > Late Period after missing the pill for a month

Late Period after missing the pill for a month

Patient: Dear Doctor, I have been on the birth control pills ‘Femilon’ since 2012. My last period was on the 15th of February 2015. Owing to travelling at that time, I had forgotten to start the next set of pills so essentially all of March I was pill free. In this interim period, I have not had any intercourse since my husband and I live apart for work reasons. Infact the last time I had intercourse was in Dec 2014. My period was regular in January and February. My cause for concern is that my period is unusually late and I understand it might be due to a sudden for the body but I just wanted a doctors opinion since 2 weeks have passed after the usual date . In the past 2 weeks I feel like there is some spotting but nothing really substantial.

Symptoms: None

Doctor: