Late Period after Starting New Birth Control Pack early

Patient : I started a new pack of sprintec early after missing 3 pills in the 2nd or 3rd week, I don't remember. But I started a new pack per the instructions. However now my period is late and I was wondering if that was a normal thing
Symptoms:  Nausea
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Generally on switching over to a new birth control or new pack, there can be a delay i n the cycles. You can prefer to wait for a week and then consult a gynecologist for a follow up on this and a pregnancy test if you are sexually active, to rule out pregnancy and consider withdrawal bleeding to resume the cycles if needed. Hope this helped. Regards