Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Late period and mucus discharge, but a negative pregnancy test. Can I be pregnant?

Late period and mucus discharge, but a negative pregnancy test. Can I be pregnant?

Patient: I am late for my period and having pregnancy symtoms but tests are negative and I have thick snot like discharge am I pregnant

Doctor: Thank you for your queryIt is advisable to get a blood test done for Beta HCG which will help you to know if you are p regnant or not. Generally home pregnancy test gives an accurate result if it is done 7 to 10 days past the expected date of the menstrual cycle. Snot like discharge can as well be a premenstrual symptom.Hope that answers your queries.Have a good day.