Late period and mucus discharge, but a negative pregnancy test. Can I be pregnant?

Patient

Q: I am late for my period and having pregnancy symtoms but tests are negative and I have thick snot like discharge am I pregnant

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query
It is advisable to get a blood test done for Beta HCG which will help you to know if you are pregnant or not. Generally home pregnancy test gives an accurate result if it is done 7 to 10 days past the expected date of the menstrual cycle. Snot like discharge can as well be a premenstrual symptom.
Hope that answers your queries.
Have a good day.