Late period and negative pregnancy test

Patient: My last period was on 10/1 and in the middle of the cycle I got bleeding for 3 days. Today is 12/2 so my period is 5 days late and home pregnancy test shows negative results although I have severe abdominal cramps and Back ache. Can I still be pregnant or there is something wrong?

Symptoms: Abdominal cramps, back ache, fatigue

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The bleeding mid cycle could be early periods and hence there is a delay in the next cy cle. Since pregnancy test has been negative, there is nothing to worry about it. The symptoms could mean a premenstrual syndrome, indicating that a period may come in a week’s time. Wait for a week and in case you do not get the cycles, consult a gynecologist for further treatment. Hot fomentation and Antispasmodics will relieve cramps. Drink lots of water daily.Hope this helped.Regards.