Late period, might be Possible pregnancy

Patient : Hi i have a question about a possible pregnancy. I had unprotected sex with my husband on February 22 and was supposed to start my period today. I have not started my period and took a test which came back negative. So my question is...is it too early to tell since it was only 2 weeks ago that i would have conceived? Thank you for your time!
Symptoms:  Late period, tender breasts
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, If you were expecting your periods by 9th march, then at 22nd Feb you were in your fer tile period and having unprotected intercourse would have increased your chances of conceiving. This delay in menses may as well be because of pregnancy. The urine pregnancy test is sensitive only after 7 days post missed periods, hence it is probably too early to get it done on the expected date itself. However, a serum beta hCG test can be done which is a blood lab test and can specifically confirm or rule out pregnancy in this present state. If the hCG levels are raised, then pregnancy is confirmed else if low, then you are pregnancy safe. You may get this test done at the earliest to allay your anxiety. I hope I have answered your query in detail, Wishing you safe sexual practices, Regards