Late period- pregnancy symptoms but negative test

Patient

Q: My period is 3 days late. I took a test and got a negative result. However, I've been nauseous, tired, sore breasts, white discharge, and moody. Is it possible to still be pregnant? When should I test again?

Symptoms:  Nausea, tiredness, moody, white discharge, no period
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is indeed a possibility that you may be pregnant. Home pregnancy tests may not be as accurate as pregnancy tests conducted at your doctors office. The symptoms you are experiencing are also associated with pregnancy as well. For this reason we recommend that you go to your doctor to be examined and conduct a pregnancy test to be certain.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com