Late Period, Pregnancy symptoms, negative test

Patient : The first day of my LMP was October 25th. I still have not had another period, but all my pregnancy tests have come out negative, including one I did this morning. I have had a little weight gain, nausea here and there (nothing severe, just light and occasional), light headed, insatiable hunger! What could be going on?
Doctor :   I can understand your anxiety. The reasons for your delayed period could be due to stress, changing schedules, hormonal imbalance, vigorous exercise. Stress is a leading cause of irregular periods and they often become regular again on there own. If your periods are not regular after a period of observation, I would recommend consulting your doctor for further evaluation.