Late period, spotting, and sore breasts. Am I pregnant?

Patient

Q: Hi, I had sexual intercourse on the 15th of April and about 2 days later I noticed I was spotting , but only the one time I noticed. Its now the 26th and every since the 22nd I've been having sore breast . My period isnt due until May 6th. Could this mean Im pregnant?

Symptoms:  sore breast, mild cramping
Doctor

A:   There could be many reasons for the sore breasts other than pregnancy. The spotting could be due to ovulation.
You will have to wait till after the 6th May and if the period is delayed by a day or two you may carry out a home pregnancy test.