Late Period, Vomiting, Cramps

Patient

Q: Hi, I am Mandi. For the past couple of weeks I have been having period like cramps, fatigue, headache, and today I have been feeling sick to my stomach and vomited twice. My period is late 5 days and I have had 3 negative pregnancy tests. Any advise on what this could be?

Doctor

A:   In my opinion you should consult your family doctor or a gynecologist if possible, to rule out the possibility of tubal or ectopic pregnancy (means implantation occurs in the tube and not in the uterus). As the embryo develops, it becomes too large for the small space inside the fallopian tube. If the embryo continues to grow, the tube eventually ruptures, causing severe internal bleeding. You would need an ultrasound examination of the pelvis to find out if you have been developingg an ectopic pregnancy is the case, and need to be treated accordingly as early as possible.

In my opinion you should consult your family doctor or a gynecologist if possible, to rule out the possibility of tubal or ectopic pregnancy (means implantation occurs in the tube and not in the uterus). As the embryo develops, it becomes too large for the small space inside the fallopian tube. If the embryo continues to grow, the tube eventually ruptures, causing severe internal bleeding. You would need an ultrasound examination of the pelvis to find out if you have been developingg an ectopic pregnancy is the case, and need to be treated accordingly as early as possible.