Late period with negative pregnancy test

Patient

Q: Hi my question is i have not had a period since feb 26th , 2010 and i have taken a pregnancy test it was negative. It theie a chance I could still be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   A possibility of pregnancy is always ruled out when menses dont show for more than a week from the due date. Sometimes Home pregnancy tests are not accurate. I will suggest you to take another HPT and this time use the first urine of the day, as soon as you wake up since it contains more hormone concentration.If the results were either positive or negative, you might want to confirm them with a Blood pregnancy test done by your health care provider; other possibilities like Hormonal imbalance might need to be ruled out after I wish you the best.