13.8 C
Toronto
Thursday, October 1, 2020

Late Stage Exercises for ACL Rehab

In the video below I share some exercises focusing on power for one of my clients near the end of his ACL rehab. I find these super important especially for someone returning to high level/demanding sport. A few of these are taxing on the knee so a lot of work was done to get to this point.

- Advertisement -
Omar Rasheed
Omar Rasheedhttps://www.athletescare.com/portfolio/omar-rasheed-mscpt-507.html
Omar graduated from Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, Scotland in 2016 with a MSc in Physiotherapy while also playing on the University Men's basketball team. Originally from Toronto, Ontario, he obtained his Bachelors in Kinesiology degree from York University in 2014. Omar has a passion for helping people and aims to get them back to their best physical and mental state. He believes in a holistic approach to health and rehabilitation through the means of exercise, education and manual therapy. Omar has done courses in acupuncture, dry needling and spinal manipulation with plans to pursue further education in manual therapy, concussion rehab and blood flow restriction training. He has a clinical interest in ACL prehab/rehab. He believes that the recovery process is a unique one - not just physically, but mentally as well. He believes that patients returning from ACL tears need a patient-centred rehabilitation program catered to each individual specifically. In his free time, he loves to be around the game of basketball. He currently coaches in his free time, plays in men's leagues, and loves to work with athletes. He also plays a variety of different sports including volleyball and soccer.

Most Popular

6 Things We Can Do to Achieve Glowing Healthy Skin

A healthy glow can be aesthetically pleasing, help enhance confidence, and even have the potential to ease anxieties. We prioritize obtaining a healthy...

SC Injury Report: High Ankle Sprain on Michael Thomas

Micheal Thomas one of the elite receivers in...

How Much Do You Really Know About Diabetes?

About 422 million people worldwide have diabetes, the majority living in low-and middle-income countries, and 1.6 million deaths are directly attributed to...

Multidimensional Hip Movement Preparation for Hockey Players

In this video Dr. Jon Steen takes NHL player Gabe Vilardi of the Los Angeles Kings through multidimensional hip movements. This is...