Lately I’ve been having problems with my vagina within the

Patient: Lately I’ve been having problems with my vagina. within the past 8 months I’ve gotten bacterial vaginosis twice and 3 yeast infections but got treated for them. For the past 3 months I’ve been having what I believe is a reoccurring yeast infection, the last time I took monistat and it didn’t work so my doctor had prescribed me something and it got rid of it. This 3rd time I took monistat and it still didn’t work but I don’t have medical insurance anymore, what should i do?

Doctor: Hello,If you have been suffering from recurrent yeast infections inspite of being cured once and more , then it is li kely that you are contracting it again from your partner who is probably infected as well and need s to be treated along with you to remove any chances of cross infection in future.you may opt for vaginal pessaries of clotrimazole and also oral anti fungal agent like fluconazole for a weekly dosage for 3 weeks and the same oral medication for your partner for 2 weeks , it is likely that this chain of cross infection would be broken and you both shall stand treated.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards